When to apply
The DH Certificate Advisory Board reviews applications twice a year. If you have questions after reading the following, contact Alison Booth, DH Certificate Faculty Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Rennie Mapp, DH Certificate Administrative Director (email@example.com).
How to get started
To get the ball rolling, you will need to fill out this brief Declaration of Intent to Apply. It is non-binding, and simply makes initial contact with us.
- It ensures you have the opportunity for an initial advising session (which we strongly recommend). In this first advising session, you will work with Rennie Mapp to create a required timeline for completion of the Certificate using the Student Progress Timeline template.
- It ensures that you have a Collab folder created in your name, where you will upload your application materials.
What to prepare in order to apply
Once you've filled out the Declaration of Intent to Apply, you'll need to meet with your advisor or departmental Director of Graduate Studies to receive approval for your Student Progress Timeline. You will also need to submit the following as PDF files to a folder that we will create with your name on it in Collab:
- A one-page statement of your purpose in applying for the DH Certificate, including how you expect that DH approaches will enhance your scholarship and what you hope to achieve in your DH certificate work
- Your transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Your curriculum vitae, which should mention your program of study, anticipated year of completion, and advisor's name and email addresss. If you have any relevant DH experience or skills, you should also include those.
- A Student Progress Timeline (Contact Rennie Mapp at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
For questions and information about your fit for the DH certificate program, contact Administrative Director Rennie Mapp by emailing email@example.com
What will happen next
The DH Certificate Faculty Advisory Committee will consider your application and announce decisions within a few weeks of the deadline. Accepted students will be required to meet for further advising with a member of the FAC shortly thereafter.